Requiem for Reality

Political, hypothetical, existential, hypocritical, technological, philosophical, and musical. Or so I've been told.

6/12/10

Erm...Idk

Mood: So fricken humind!!!!
Listening to: The scanner

Sweet potato pie it's hot and humid out. Why the frick won't it just rain already? Any who. Today I'm spending my day in the truck trying to blog, but am severely cramped. There has been a lot going on around me lately. Specifically the addition of my newest family member (and ladies man) Dante. He's a Blue Doberman Pinscher. Currently, at around 7 months, he stands at roughly 23 inches at the shoulders, and weighs 55 or so lbs (pictures to follow).

I have to apologize to Nik (pronounced neek), my old german shepard and who-knows-what-else mix (mut). She was the coolest dog ever, until I got Dante. Sits, stays, shakes, releases, knows how to heel, lay down, go outside...and that's not even everything. If you spend 10-20 minutes with him, he'll learn the command and do it with almost no protest. And he loves the ladies.

*subject change for no other reason than I have a lot to talk about*

I have no idea how the heck I'm going to pay for grad school. But at the very least I figured out what I want my cognate to be, and my specialty in that. Even better, there is a school that is close by that offers a degree in the field. Let me just explain. After looking at a bunch of journals and research, I found a journal about memory. I read it and was very intrigued. I have always liked memory, but was trying to figure out how I would get into the field.

I saw one of my old professors get on facebook.I decided, since I admired him, I should ask him what his thoughts were. I told him how I've been torn between cognitive psych, and clinical, and even going back into school for medical. He suggested that I look at Neuropsychology. I started looking around at different schools, and was very very interested. Particularly in the idea that it combined aspects of cognitve with clinical psych. Most practitioners of Neuropsychology, were clinical psychologists by degree, but their cognate was Neuro.

I looked at the MSU website, school of clinical psychology and found that in the first year you must declare your cognate...which includes options like...NEUROPSYCHOLOGY!!!! I don't know if I'll be able to get in, but I can't see why I shouldn't try. I have been told by many people that a black, male, veteran in either the social work field or psychology is a very underrepresented minority. So I should be able to get in most anywhere with the proper grades and motivation.

Finally, on this news update today, I have been in deep discussion with my second eldest brother about the family coat of arms. For many families it isn't so much of a discussion, as it is a question of where their ancestors hale from. In our case...in short...we have no freakin clue. See I don't know my grandparents on my dads side. He once sent me a family tree while I was in the airforce. I have no idea where I mis-placed it. Either way it doesn't really matter. The Evans name now has really nothing to do with that man. I appreciate the life he gave me, and also the name. However, my brothers and I made it what it is today. Therefore we are rebranding...in a way.

I have always liked how people with other family names can just go to google, type in their name and find something from their past that represents their history, and lineage. There are something like 50 Evans family coat of arms. I decided, for the posterity of our family, to develop our own. I thought it would be great for our great grand kids to be able to type in our name and find something about their past. After much discussion, my brother has decided to make a coat of arms for him and his children, and one for me and mine, and who ever else decides to adopt it.

As we speak we are ever approaching the finishing touches. Soon, this coat of arms will be the root in a tree of ever expanding capital ventures, and programs. As well as a name and a image that represents us, and should be proud to bear.

Any way..I've wrote a lot. I've got more to write tomorrow, so that you can see about the foundation that I plan on creating...with my families name and help.

0 comments: