Requiem for Reality

Political, hypothetical, existential, hypocritical, technological, philosophical, and musical. Or so I've been told.

I had a strange dream either last night or the night before. I really felt compelled right now to write about it. I'll make it short because I have to be up early in the morning, and I'm playing Front Mission 3 again.

In the dream I was on a campus that looked similar to MSU's. Only the campus was different in various ways. All I really recall vividly, is that I had just finished registering for classes and getting my schedule worked out. I knew that I was in Grad school, but for whatever reason was living on campus. In fact that's what I recall most about the dream. I was headed towards the dorm I was going to live in, and had parked my vehicle illegally if only for a moment. I went down this corridor. I remember thinking to myself, this looks oddly familiar. Then I said it out loud. I'm not entirely sure if Amiee was standing there or not, but it was very odd...because we weren't married. We were certainly dating, but it was odd none the less. Anyway I said this is odd, this part reminds me of a place I once lived in under grad. Only, I lived in the dorms in undergrad, but only for a summer, and it looked nothing like what I saw in my dream. What was really bizarre was that I had MEMORIES of this place. I said to Amiee, I have these memories of this...place...but these memories aren't mine. At this point I realized I must've been dreaming, and I became even more perplexed. How could I have memories of a place that I had dreamt of before. See I DO remember that place. I had dreamt it a few years ago. I had a class in this this hall. Part of the class rooms were being converted to living spaces and dormitories. How though, could I have a recollection of the exact same place, and have memories of spending time in such a place, when, in fact, I had never set foot there physically. And if the place that I remembered in the second was in fact the same place from the first dream...how then did I remember it so well?

Peculiar...curious even...

0 comments: